Thursday, May 1, 2008

Baby Update

Let's try this again....I've typed it 3 times and it keeps freezing up when I try to send it!

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and found out just how quickly plans can change. I had an ultrasound to determine if the baby is still breech and see if I was going to have a C-section. Good news....baby has turned into position and no C-section. But, my amniotic fluid level is very low and I am already dialated to 3 cm. So.....I have been on strict bedrest...only up to go to the bathroom and shower (it may sound fun....but it's not!!). I go back in the morning to recheck my fluid level. She wants me to make it to 37 weeks before delivering. I will be 37 weeks next Thursday. At the ultrasound on Tuesday, the baby was already 6lbs. I'll post tomorrow after the appt. (unless she admits me to the hospital).

BTW, baby girl finally has a name!! It's Jenna Kate.

4 comments:

Andrea Nielsen said...

Yeah Jenna Kate...boo bed rest! We miss you but want you to keep Jenna cooking a bit longer. We will have to have Avah for a playdate! Love you all!

Tishy said...

Girlie you just try to relax and enjoy the rest. I know it is harder this time trying to rest with a little one. Sorry about the shower. I'll call you in a day or two. We are off to nashville this weekend. I am so glad she turned and I really like the name. Veg out!

Lindsay said...

Congrats Kellie... I hope you get some good rest and relaxation in before next week. Keep us updated! :)

Twila and Scott said...

I love the name and will be thinking of you as you are on bed rest. Enjoy it as much as possible and I can't wait to see your pretty girl (but not a day before 37 weeks)