Friday, March 11, 2011

Daddy's Birthday Cake

For Daddy's birthday this year, Avah and I decided that we would make his cake and attempt marshmallow fondant. She loves baking and is such a great helper in the kitchen. I am working hard on letting go of control when the girls are in the kitchen with me!! I decided that I would let Avah make all the decisions on decorating this cake. After I colored and rolled out all the fondant, she cut out all the shapes and put them on the cake. She is so creative (something that she doesn't get from me!) and we had such a great time making this cake....I see lots more cake making in our future!



The finished product!

Not only does it look, it tastes delicious!!

Daddy pretending to blow out the candle (Avah wouldn't let us put a real candle in it because she didn't want to put a hole in her cake)!

No comments: